Tuesday, March 12, 2013

First Post

This is a recap of the "blog" I started on my personal page of the Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer. while I'll keep up the blog there, this one should be more detailed and perchance more interesting so stay tuned! 

Monday, March 4, 2013  - I finally did it! I registered for the ride (not without a bit of encouragement from someone else as crazy as me)! :D 200KM of Canadian Rocky Mountain riding, here I come! Stay tuned for updates along the way as I prepare for the ride and work on my fundraising goal.
:D


Friday, Mar 08, 2013 - Thanks to Fleming Reid Petroleum Equipment Ltd. for the donation of a stationary bike trainer! The bike is now set up inside and ready to begin being ridden! You can see it on Facebook here:

See you on the trainer!


Monday March 11, 2013 - I figured that I would ride this AM, just didn't count on the time change doing a number on my sleep patterns.
Dragged myself out of bed at 6am, on the bike (inside trainer) at 6:15, set up with a movie to keep me company. Well, the trainer is a bit loud so headphones are going to be required. Fortunately I'm watching an action-packed kung-fu movie! Forbidden Kingdom! At least I could enjoy the fight scenes. :D
15 minutes of riding this AM before work, let's see what we can do after work tonight. This may call for an odometer to track mileage since we aren't actually going anywhere in the wee little 8'x8' room... :D
Stay tuned for the next ride!
 


Tuesday, March 12 - Alarm rang at 5:30am, finally managed to be up by 5:45. What is it about alarms that just get under your skin? Perhaps the deep sleep that they drag you out of. :) On the bike by 5:50 and rode for 20 minutes. The plan is to add 5 minutes per day (1 hour every 12 days until I am up to 6 hours every weekend day - by then outside).
Earbuds in place this morning to combat the noise of the stationary trainer did the trick. Jackie Chan in Forbidden Kingdom is good company for an indoor ride.
See you tomorrow!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment